Coordinator for Cultural and Creative Industries Nepal at UNESCO Office in Kathmandu
Film-maker, and alternative arts promoter. Initiator and director of the Bikalpa Arts Centre (Pulchowk, Kathmandu), Saroj has for a number of years been a leading promoter in Kathmandu and Nepal of the importance of alternative arts and the equality and social transformation / social justice agenda they are particularly renowned for.
Mr Mahato has worked with the arts section ‘Nepal International Arts Programme’ of the HANACS precursor, the UKNFS, and its lead, Alan Mercel-Sanca since late 2013 in the context of the Bikalpa Arts Centre: https://uknfs.org/bikalpa-arts-centre-hanacs-nepal-arts-organisation-partner/ and www.bikalpaartscenter.org
Some biographical and CV highlights:
- Filmmaker, Visual Artist, Art Manager, an individual.
- Director at the Bikalpa Art Center
- Lecturer at the Central Department of Fine Arts, Tribhuvan University
- 3d Product Mockup Designer at DIY NEPAL
- IBDP Aesthetics Educator Visual Arts at Ullens School
- Former Dosen at Sirjana College of Fine Arts
- Studied Film and Video at Korea National University of Arts
- Studied MFA / Video and Film at Korea National University of Arts (한국예술종합학교)
- Studied Lalitkal Campus ( BFA ) at Tribhuvan University
- Studied Korean Language Education at Kyung Hee University
- Studied Lalitkala Cala Campus ( IFA ) at Tribhuvan University
- Studied at the Asian Film Academy